POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Faces : Re: Faces Server Time
1 Jun 2024 22:07:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Faces
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 7 Apr 2004 12:21:58
Message: <gfa870t82ntf715duoad72qa115v6umrtt@4ax.com>
Hi Remy Closset, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> The most important thing for the modeler would be the possibility to split a
> quadrangular face in two parts, parallel with an edge.

Good News
---------
I have implemented a splitting algorithm that allows you to select as
many edges as you like (instead of just one). Moray then splits the
edges according to specific rules. If you select all edges, splitting
works kind of like subdivision.

I need a few testers to test this feature, so if you use the mesh
editor and miss being able to split more than one edge please let me
know by replying here.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray